Beldon Group of Companies - Sinking Ship | Glassdoor

"Sinking Ship"

I have been working at Beldon Group of Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This was an amazing company to work for where you always felt like one of the family. You would feel like your opinion mattered and that corporate was truly looking out for you and your future. However on the branch division it still sort of feels like that even though their hands are tied.

Cons

I think that the new CEO is a poor replacement for his father. I think that he gives into his ego to much instead of focusing on what is best for his company. I think he let his ego get on the way of contract talks with Costco and that made a major loss in profits. I think that he again did not listen enough to his general managers who have a better idea of what is truly going on in the branches then what his... numbers and own ideas of how things are. I think he made his employees feel like they are just a number by making them feel untrustworthy by installing security cameras everywhere that he watches from his office. He even wanted and tried cameras in company vehicles and the only reason he did not continue is because it was too expensive. I remember years ago we used to get yearly surveys for the employees for suggestions and just to make sure that everyone was happy. Those are no longer even thought of. He took this from a great company to a sinking ship that just closed down all east coast branches and eliminated positions in all remaining branches. I think that his father made a great company and knew when he hired the right people and listened to them. He knew when to listen and to only step in when needed to. Unfortunately his son has not learned that lesson and it is a shame because he literally holds so many people’s future in his hands. I truly hope that he will look at what people wrote and ponder it. I did see that he has commented on other people’s reviews and has asked them to contact him. However maybe he should try to be more effective at getting opinions before people feel the need to write a negative review about him. That would make him a better leader and the company itself better.

Advice to Management

Please listen to what issues and ideas that your employees have. Remember that they were hired for a reason and that they have great ideas and a great amount of actual knowledge to share. Also on the branch level please make sure that everything is fair because I see a lot of double standards that go overlooked. I see some people constantly only work 1/2 days and get paid for full days who are not salary and that... same person will get on everyone else’s case for leaving without punching out. I think with all the cameras that were installed in the place that they would pay more attention to what is actually on going on. I think that if some people can get their shopping done, beauty appointments gone to and long lunches taken all while not punching out, then all employees should.

Beldon Group of Companies2018-05-03

May 7, 2018CEO

Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry that you’re so unhappy at BELDON. I welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns as I do any other employee. If you're still an employee, I'm confident that you are aware that 68 TEAM Members have provided over 20 years of service at ...

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Company to Work For!"

Former Employee - Call Center in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Beldon Group of Companies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Positive atmosphere to work in. CEO will always stops by to say hello. Company always promotes safety in the workplace and in field. Very involved in the community.

Cons

I don't have any negative feedback for the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive and fun work environment

Beldon Group of Companies2019-07-24

July 29, 2019CEO

Thank you for your kind words. We work hard each and every day to ensure it's a great place to work. Further, we were just named, by the San Antonio Business Journal, as one of San Antonio's Best Places to Work. Thanks again - Brad Beldon, Chief Culture Officer & CEO.

2. "Top of the line roofing company"

Current Employee - Project Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Beldon Group of Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great CEO and upper management team, fast paced environment, excellent field and office work balance.

Cons

There are no cons to working with this company.

Beldon Group of Companies2019-04-15

April 17, 2019CEO

Wow, what a nice comment and for making my day. Thank you for your kind words. We aren't perfect but we try really hard to be a great place to work. Brad Beldon, Chief Culture Officer & CEO.

Discover more reviews about Beldon Group of Companies.