Bell Canada - What happened??? | Glassdoor

"What happened???"

Former Employee - Customer Service Team Leader in Montreal, QC (Canada)
Former Employee - Customer Service Team Leader in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Bell Canada full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good school for beginners with no experience

Cons

Downsizing every year. No more groth opportunity

Advice to Management

Come back to a human approach!

Other Employee Reviews for Bell Canada

1. "working for Bell"

Former Employee - Confidential in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Confidential in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Bell Canada full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I had worked for Bell for 15 years, not through an agency but as a regular employee,and to be honest,,,there were alot of tough times in there,,the fear of being laid off, meeting your stats and apathy from alot of managers made it difficult most days. I had the advantage of changing departments every 4 years so I was able to experience different departments. I was laid off after so many years of working holidays, missing special events for my kids etc,,,I was bitter,,,but received a very decent package to hold my head above water until I could find another job. Entering the "outside" world, I quickly realized that other organizations were just as bad if not worse, the pay and benefits were scary compared to what I was used to. I couldnt believe how badly people were treated at the other company I went to for a couple of years. The biggest thing I realized with time though was how marketable I was because of the skills I had gained in Bell,,I was actually in demand for it! it was pretty amazing! I did find my place now in an organization that appreciates the skills I brought in from Bell and they compensate me even more than I expected. Yes, Bell is a tough life, but the friends I gained are still around and the skills I was able to acquire have paid off!!

Cons

I have been at Bell too long. The stress of 10 years has taken it's toll. I have stayed for the money but at some point that has to take a back seat to my general health and being happy. I was laid off with salary continuance once and stupidly applied back into the company and landed another job. The new job is more stress and the same money as before. How sad is that? I regret the fact that I didn't get laid off. If given another chance to leave with money I will gladly take it!

Advice to Management

Used to be a great place of work. Not anymore. Outsourcing is having a very negative impact on the quality of the customer service as agents overseas unfortunately do not share our culture. Agents in "official" Bell call centers in Canada living in fear of loosing their jobs to outsourcees. After 12 years of service, I am leaving Bell. (...). Devoted employees like me and many others are leaving the ship, because there are too many holes in it!!!

2. "Work life balance good in some groups but don't expect fantastic pay"

Current Employee - Senior Network Architect in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Network Architect in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Bell Canada full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- working @ home sometimes
    - better than a lot of jobs out there

Cons

- archaic processes
    - backward thinking middle management
    - revolving doors at director

Advice to Management

Treat employees like you want them to stay