Bell Canada - It is good company to work for as an employee. The people there are very nice and professional. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bell Canada

"It is good company to work for as an employee. The people there are very nice and professional."

Former Employee - Associate Director in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Associate Director in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Bell Canada full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

lots of opportunities if you like to movea round. depends on the poistion, you get quite exposure on the new technologies.

Cons

Very haevy on processes, lots of legacy systems that makes introduce of new technologies and solutions very difficult.

Other Employee Reviews for Bell Canada

1. "Friendly staff, flexible hours, and I was given some freedom to work on projects that I was interested in!"

Former Intern - Product Manager
    Former Intern - Product Manager

I worked at Bell Canada as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Helpful, knowledgeable co-workers. Treats their employees well. Lets you complete work independently, and they understand if you need some extra time to complete a project.

Cons

You're working in a virtual environment with people across Atlantic Canada, so it can become lonely/boring. Customer service team can often be sour due to angry customers, which puts you in an awkward position.

Advice to Management

Senior management genuinely appreciated the research I would complete for them. I actually felt like I was truly making a difference within our company.

2. "Never a dull moment"

Current Employee - Technical Specialist
    Current Employee - Technical Specialist

I have been working at Bell Canada full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Company values the effort an employee puts in to get certified on a vendor (Cisco, Avaya, Nortel). They pay for exams and will pay for relevant job related courses.
    -Yearly stipend for additional training
    -The pension plan and benefits are good.
    -Lots work and opportunities to learn - if you work here take advantage of it!
    -Largest telco in Canada.
    -My work group has an outstanding manager who has been at Bell for a long time. He understands the company well and is always willing to help.

Cons

It's a telco. Telcos by nature have many systems to navigate, are inefficient and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. In fact, I would say that about any large company with >5,000 employees.

Advice to Management

No advice. The strategic plan is solid and patience will be required to get where the company needs to go. I believe the senior executives understand well what it is going to take to evolve the company from a traditional telco to a "unified communications" company.