Bell Industries - Pay increases are sad. It takes forever to top out with your pay. Needs to be better raises. Better insurance. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bell Industries

"Pay increases are sad. It takes forever to top out with your pay. Needs to be better raises. Better insurance."

Current Employee - Tech Support in Plainfield, IN
Current Employee - Tech Support in Plainfield, IN

Pros

It is a very diverse work place. You have people there from all over the world. You learn a lot about other cultures. The people there are all very nice and get along for the most part as far as the employees. Management is pretty nice for the most part. The work schedules are great! 4 10hr shifts or 5 8 hr shifts. Hardly ever any over time. No weekends or holidays. Day shift only. Very good for someone with small kids. All the benefits are pretty good. Sick pay, vacation and holidays.

Cons

The insurance is way too expensive! I pay the same for my spouse and 1 child as my coworkers pay for their spouse and their 3 or more kids. I think that is highway robbery. Especially when I make the same or less than they do. Some supervisors and or team leads do not show respect to the employees, they don't know how to talk to people. Management doesn't always treat people fairly. The pay is sad. It takes for ever to make top wage. It is merit raises but even with the best employee it takes for ever! You only get one review a year and lucky if you get a raise then. You get paid by weekly and 1/3 of my paycheck goes to pay for my health and dental insurance. I am thankful to have the insurance still yet but it needs to be better for what I have to pay for it!

Advice to Management

Have the mangers, supervisors and team leads take training on how to get along with associates, and employees. Have a peer review team. Check into better insurance. Give better raises.

Other Employee Reviews for Bell Industries

1. "Total fustration"

I worked at Bell Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers who give their very best and some who give their best to try provide leadership and moral character.

Cons

Top to bottom in every facet there is room for major improvement. You pick a category and its a fail. The issues are many could write a book if so desired.

Advice to Management

Listen and practice what you preach, honesty is still the best policy.

2. "Pleasent coworker who are great supporting one another in efforts to get the mission accomplished."

Pros

It located close to home and the Fashion Mall and fitness center are located right next door.
    Building has a wonderful of the entire city.

Cons

Being on the top floor of the building makes it a royal pain when they are conducting fire drills 17 flights down to the ground.

Advice to Management

it may be time to start contributing to the employee 401K and offering more oprtunities for training or remebursment for those taking job related courses.