Beloit College - Great place to gain experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Beloit College

"Great place to gain experience"

Former Employee - Assistant Director in Beloit, WI
Former Employee - Assistant Director in Beloit, WI

Pros

The staff and faculty are wonderful to work with. People are always looking to help others both personally and professionally. The campus is beautiful and the students are very passionate in just about everything. The culture is very relaxed. Salaried 12 month positions usually get ~24 days off a year. This includes sick and vacation time. Another benefit is "Winter Break", all employees receive off between December 25- January 1st, termed "Winter Break". Different departments put on programs that help benefit other staff and faculty members as well as the Beloit Community such as: Athletics offers a night for parents to drop their kids off at the campus gymnasium for a small fee, the Wellness Committee puts on programs such as Beloit Colleges Biggest Loser, walking programs, and 2-5K Walk / Run events.

Cons

There are many opportunities to take on new roles and responsibilities, however there is a lack of salary compensation when new roles and titles are assumed. One of the positive aspects of Beloit College is its relaxed atmosphere, therefore one of the downsides to that is many times this get done last minute and everyone just focues on the fact that it got done. In addition to that, you often do not know what you are expected to do until the day of or a few minutes before. Being able to roll with whatever comes along is important at this college.

Advice to Management

The Senior Mangement only seems to feel that faculty are important. This is one of many reasons why they are losing good student affairs and support staff professionals. It is important to serve students both inside and outside of the classroom.

Other Employee Reviews for Beloit College

1. "Institutional Research and Assessment Analyst"

I worked at Beloit College part-time

Pros

Senior colleagues are willing to develop their interns' skill set. The office of institutional research and practice (IRAP) at Beloit College is a very encouraging place and a joyful place to be in.

Cons

I cannot find any cons.

Advice to Management

Thank Ellie and Ruth! Keep up your good works!

2. "Nice people, poor pay"

I worked at Beloit College part-time

Pros

-The job was worthwhile for having a fairly low-stress teaching experience (no faculty meetings to attend, for example) and for building my teaching resumé
    -All my interactions were pleasant, although I didn't meet more than three people in my department since I was only there one day per week. Email communication was pretty clear and regular.

Cons

-As an Adjunct Professor, I got paid peanuts. Financially speaking, it was barely worth the hour commute, and they only offered gas compensation for one day per week.
    -As said before, I only met three people from my department, and felt more like a guest than part of a team. If the pay had been better, I would have been able to work more than one day per week and thus get to know people better.

Advice to Management

Better pay for adjuncts