Beltway Movers - It's a tough job. Someone's got to do it. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Beltway Movers

"It's a tough job. Someone's got to do it."

Former Employee - Crew Foreman in Alexandria, VA
Former Employee - Crew Foreman in Alexandria, VA

Pros

Beltway movers made me the man I am today. I started in high school and worked through college, they were more than happy to have me back every summer. I enjoyed the benefits of being a respected crew leader - landing preferential jobs (now and again), being able to take time off when I needed it and getting hours when I needed them as well - even when hours were scarce. Bottom line - it's a tough job that can sometimes be hell but if you work hard for these guys, you will be recognized and rewarded.

Cons

Bonus structure is outrageous - the consultants make a disproportionate amount of money compared to the movers and crew foremen who are often left to clean up their mess when jobs are purposefully or otherwise underbid. Not sure if they have health insurance now but they didnt when I was there. Some of the fleet desperately needed to be updated.

Advice to Management

Offer more perks, benefits to movers and crew foremen.

Other Employee Reviews for Beltway Movers

1. "Management team was nice and ready to help and give more hours and money."

Former Employee - Virginia in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Virginia in Alexandria, VA

Pros

To make some extra money

Cons

You have to be ready for a hard work

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

2. "4 out of 5 stars"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Forestville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Forestville, MD

I have been working at Beltway Movers part-time

Pros

Nice management. Willing to work with you to help you become better at your job. Good starting pay for something that requires no previous experience other than a good attitude and work ethic. I can't speak much about the benefits though because I was part time.

Cons

The only con is that your hours will fluctuate drastically from week to week. One week, you can work 60+ hours, the next week you can work 20. Also, the communication between management and the crews is awful so you often don't know how long your job will take until you actually arrive at the job site.