Beltway Movers - It's a tough job. Someone's got to do it. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Beltway Movers

"It's a tough job. Someone's got to do it."

Former Employee - Crew Foreman in Alexandria, VA
Former Employee - Crew Foreman in Alexandria, VA

Pros

Beltway movers made me the man I am today. I started in high school and worked through college, they were more than happy to have me back every summer. I enjoyed the benefits of being a respected crew leader - landing preferential jobs (now and again), being able to take time off when I needed it and getting hours when I needed them as well - even when hours were scarce. Bottom line - it's a tough job that can sometimes be hell but if you work hard for these guys, you will be recognized and rewarded.

Cons

Bonus structure is outrageous - the consultants make a disproportionate amount of money compared to the movers and crew foremen who are often left to clean up their mess when jobs are purposefully or otherwise underbid. Not sure if they have health insurance now but they didnt when I was there. Some of the fleet desperately needed to be updated.

Advice to Management

Offer more perks, benefits to movers and crew foremen.

Other Employee Reviews for Beltway Movers

1. "Good Job overall, especially for college students in the summer."

Former Employee - Mover
    Former Employee - Mover

I worked at Beltway Movers part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good management. Never had a problem with my superiors and I could always engage in common conversation with them. Always felt comfortable. The relaxed atmosphere was fun to work in and I always had a good since of accomplishment when working. Although some days were pretty long, I can say looking back that it was a god experience.

Cons

You don't know if you're working the next day until about mid afternoon. With that being said it can be hard to make future plans.

Advice to Management

Nothing bad to say!

2. "Cool"

Pros

Nice place to work. The work environment is nice especially the management structure.I would recommend this company to a random person

Cons

customers are a pain to work with at times due to them being picky about everything and blaming us for their badly packed furniture breaking apart

Advice to Management

Good Job