Bemis - Good | Glassdoor

"Good"

Former Employee - Engineer in Terre Haute, IN
Former Employee - Engineer in Terre Haute, IN

I worked at Bemis full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people and culture, good work life balance, didn't bother you with wasted meetings and beaurocratic nonsense. Let you do your work, and get it done without micromanaging. Excellent place to grow and learn from. Great on cross traning and giving opportunties to advance via different departments.

Cons

Always pays on the low side of the industry, part of HR strategy. But acceptable since it is low stress and well managed by good people.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Bemis

1. "As a full time college student, they work with me well."

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Pauls Valley, OK
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Pauls Valley, OK

I have been working at Bemis part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are very flexible with my school schedule, and they are always keeping the job challenging. They say they want to hire me as soon as I graduate.

Cons

I wasn't trained as I believe I should have been. They just kind of threw me into the position that I am in now and expected me to know everything already.

"Good for getting your foot in the door, then get out."

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Oshkosh, WI
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at Bemis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are pretty good. Parking is good. Lots of places to go if you need to get away for lunch (if you are allowed).

Cons

No advancement for someone who isn't related to someone already in an advanced position or if you don't have a mechanical engineering degree. HR is a joke. If you have any issues they will not be handled appropriately or quietly. Management is slow to praise but very quick to pass the buck as well as the blame. Many managers can't manage and instead of being let go or demoted they are promoted or moved to manage a different angle.

Advice to Management

Step out of your comfort zone and let go those you know can't manage. Embrace those who are true leaders and have great knowledge. Respect those below you and respond to their innovation, as you claim the company is based on innovation. Remember your hourly employees sacrifice a lot with the swing shifts they work.