Benchmark Senior Living - Best job I've ever had! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Benchmark Senior Living

"Best job I've ever had!"

I have been working at Benchmark Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Benchmark are a passionate bunch! From Sr. VPs to front line associates, from accounting to marketing, everyone I have met cares deeply about the quality of care the residents receive. There is a culture of striving for improvement whether it’s the residents lives or associates jobs. The training and onboarding were extensive. The benefits I received on day one far outweighed anything at my old job. There is room for growth and promoting from within is encouraged.

Cons

This company is so much better to work for than my old gig, that I honestly cannot think of anything. But since a response is required I would add that some positions seem to have a high turn-over. But this isn’t the industry for everyone and burn-out is common. I’ve seen people leave, but I have also seen many employees return.

Other Employee Reviews for Benchmark Senior Living

"Unnecessarily stressful and lack of depth of talent"

I worked at Benchmark Senior Living full-time

Pros

Growing company great corporte enviornment

Cons

Becoming very top heavy, no dedicated corporate training staff is a disadvantage, everyone is doing double duty Atmosphere in actual residences varies widly and focus is not on resident care

Advice to Management

Be sure front line staff is getting the the support they need to succeed

"Poor Working Conditions - No Life Work Balance"

I have been working at Benchmark Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nursing staff is experienced and kind

Cons

The "Home Office" is disengaged and demanding. Office space is poor. The company is so focused on profit that they fail to provide employees with a proper working enviornment. There is SO MUCH turnover - morale is very low.

Advice to Management

Get out into your communities and take a closer look at the working conditions your employees have to face every day. You have nice at the home office with free water, drinks, snacks etc. Beautiful work stations etc. - In your communities your employees are suffering with poor office equipment - dreary work space. Your employees live in fear of losing their job so they don't complain. See your employees as humans - not work horses.