Benchmark Senior Living - Receptionist, and Dining Room Employee | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Benchmark Senior Living

"Receptionist, and Dining Room Employee"

I have been working at Benchmark Senior Living part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Residents are amazing. Great work motivation when you work for the elderly. Lots of benefits and support for times in need. Management is willing to talk to you whenever you have a problem. Culture and Values are some of the best I've ever seen.

Cons

Hard to communicate between departments ( Hard for nursing or kitchen staff to understand others needs when really stressed out). Stress is minimal but can get hectic when phones are ringing all at once, tour comes through the door, and a resident needs help. This job is a great stepping stone for anyone who needs a start up job. However, I don't think this is a career anyone should consider for the long term. I've seen too many bitter employees end with a bang and a burnt bridge. If the job seems to be getting to you say something sooner rather than later.

Advice to Management

Make sure to train new employees to know the importance of all different departments. Have them shadow or talk to individuals who work in every department. Make sure to follow up with the training because if they're getting poorly trained chances are they will not do well with the job. I would also suggest (although this isn't something that can be changed quickly) a drug test be required in addition to the background check when being hired here. It's disappointing to see what people do and get away with. As a no tolerance policy company when it comes to sexual assault, I think drugs are just as bad.

Other Employee Reviews for Benchmark Senior Living

"MAJOR DISAPOINTMENT"

Current Employee - Director of Community Relations in Rabat (Malta)
    Current Employee - Director of Community Relations in Rabat (Malta)

I have been working at Benchmark Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is fair. Benefits are good. Residents are wonderful.

Cons

The sales goals are extremely unrealistic; the entire company is blanketed with the same goals. No consideration is given to the geographic territory's demographic, annual gross income, or even population. Buildings with 65 apartments are compared to buildings with 300 apartments. Executive Directors spend minimal time in the buildings and delegate all their responsibilities to the rest of the Department Heads. As a Department Head, I am micro-managed to the extreme. Every minute of every day has to be accounted for both in the company's software system and then a second time in Microsoft Office for the Executive Director's who do not even bother to utilize the company's software. Each scheduled day off you are harassed with phone calls, emails and text messages stating the upper management is "disappointed" that you are not working your day off. I have been asked to cancel my vacation to be available for coverage so the Executive Director did not have to come into the office on her weekend. ABSOLUTELY NO RESPECT FOR ANYONE'S WORK/LIFE BALANCE.

Advice to Management

Your team's do not respect you because you are not willing to put forth the additional efforts yourselves.

"Unnecessarily stressful and lack of depth of talent"

I worked at Benchmark Senior Living full-time

Pros

Growing company great corporte enviornment

Cons

Becoming very top heavy, no dedicated corporate training staff is a disadvantage, everyone is doing double duty Atmosphere in actual residences varies widly and focus is not on resident care

Advice to Management

Be sure front line staff is getting the the support they need to succeed