Benchmark Senior Living - A solid mission | Glassdoor

"A solid mission"

I worked at Benchmark Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Given the authority to make decisions and ask questions later, to meet the needs of residents and families.

Cons

Mid-level and senior mangement with varying degrees of competence, resulting in tumult at the community level as they seek to justify situations and, in some instances, deflect their own responsability.

Advice to Management

Employ well-designed HR principles at all levels to minimize exposure and maximize understanding of evolving situations as they develop.

Other Employee Reviews for Benchmark Senior Living

"Review"

I worked at Benchmark Senior Living full-time

Pros

Founded on great culture and values.

Cons

Work life balance is non-existent.

Advice to Management

Don't take advantage of your associates, they will burn out.

"Receptionist, and Dining Room Employee"

I have been working at Benchmark Senior Living part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Residents are amazing. Great work motivation when you work for the elderly. Lots of benefits and support for times in need. Management is willing to talk to you whenever you have a problem. Culture and Values are some of the best I've ever seen.

Cons

Hard to communicate between departments ( Hard for nursing or kitchen staff to understand others needs when really stressed out). Stress is minimal but can get hectic when phones are ringing all at once, tour comes through the door, and a resident needs help. This job is a great stepping stone for anyone who needs a start up job. However, I don't think this is a career anyone should consider for the long term. I've seen too many bitter employees end with a bang and a burnt bridge. If the job seems to be getting to you say something sooner rather than later.

Advice to Management

Make sure to train new employees to know the importance of all different departments. Have them shadow or talk to individuals who work in every department. Make sure to follow up with the training because if they're getting poorly trained chances are they will not do well with the job. I would also suggest (although this isn't something that can be changed quickly) a drug test be required in addition to the background check when being hired here. It's disappointing to see what people do and get away with. As a no tolerance policy company when it comes to sexual assault, I think drugs are just as bad.