BenefitMall - Unethical Unreliable | Glassdoor

"Unethical Unreliable"

I have been working at BenefitMall (More than a year)

Pros

Nice online tools for agents/brokers

Cons

Terrible management. Desperate salespeople that make poor decisions - probably because they constantly fear for their jobs - rolling this back up to management. They need real sales training. It looks like the company skipped that part and made everyone watch "The Boiler Room". Their turnover rate is reflective of their culture.

Advice to Management

Invest in long-term relationships - both with your employees and agents/brokers. Pressure tactics simply make you look desperate.

Other Employee Reviews for BenefitMall

"Poor Communication / Poor Morale"

Pros

This company had one of the best training directors / departments that I have had the pleasure of experiencing. They need to use it more often!!

Cons

Several Sr. Managers are very disrespectful and degrading to their employees. There is no place for yelling within the workplace. Overall, it was an unhealthy, toxic environment.

Advice to Management

Management needs to treat their employees with respect and recognize that employees need a work / life balance. All too often, employees are expected to put BenefitMall before home, family and other priorities. Also, I cannot stress the importance of BETTER communication within departments, between departments and within this organization as a whole.

2. "I thoroughly enjoyed the people at BenefitMall who taught me invaluable project management experience."

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

Pros

BenefitMall was a very welcoming company starting from day one. The experience I gained from working in Marketing for several years truly helped me establish a strong career path. I felt both challenged and competent to handle various projects, work with different management levels and manage my day-to-day tasks. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend BenefitMall as an employer - Senior Management wants to know their employees and takes the time to do just that, there are always new learning experiences as many new projects present themselves, and I had fun!

Cons

The company culture could use a boost.