Benefitfocus - Team Lead HRSC | Glassdoor

"Team Lead HRSC"

I worked at Benefitfocus full-time

Pros

Great Client interaction and awesome people to work with

Cons

Long hours for not enough compensation and very disorganized. Believe it is better now however.

Advice to Management

better monetary incentives and less on "culture activities"

Benefitfocus2018-03-30
  1. "Great job"

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Benefitfocus

Pros

Hours, pay, lunch, activities for employees

Cons

Contract, benefit, management, parking for employees

Benefitfocus2019-08-04

"Privileged to work for a company like Benefitfocus"

Current Employee - Sales Department in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Benefitfocus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- The people cannot be beat. I have found my second family here and would go to battle with any of them. - There's opportunity for growth - if you're not experiencing that then you aren't being proactive in developing your career path. Promotions, Raises and new positions aren't going to be handed to you on a silver platter. You're an adult now - develop your path and see it through. - We have an amazing product - seriously. We are the BEST in the market. - Our platform shift is what this company needed. Software is software, and while ours is great, our customers need and deserve more. We can provide that and that's what the shift is all about. - There are a ton of listening posts. If you are constantly complaining, without leaning in to drive changes and find solutions, then you are a part of the problem. There are numerous ways to get involved, make a name for yourself, and make the company better! - Our CEO listens to associates and takes action.

Cons

- There is a lot of change almost every year. I do wish that leadership would let changes, like reorgs, have an opportunity to work out the kinks and become successful before completely changing them again. However, I challenge you to find a company that has as many associates, customers, data feeds, rapid growth and moving parts, that doesn't have change annually. The only constant in the world is change. - Open Enrollment can be challenging but that's the business that we're in. There are long hours, fire drills, and you're going to be asked to work harder. We get better every year though.

Advice to Management

Keep the listening posts going but don't let them become a black hole. Acknowledge when we fall short of a goal and provide solutions on how we're going to resolve our shortcomings. Fight to keep valuable, engaged associates who believe in the company. Praise, praise, praise - Sometimes a simple email is all that's needed.

Benefitfocus2020-01-17

Discover more reviews about Benefitfocus.