Berger Health System - Work with wonderful people, and patients. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Berger Health System

"Work with wonderful people, and patients."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Circleville, OH
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Circleville, OH

I have been working at Berger Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Local, community based. Patients and families are nice.

Cons

Small hospital, not all medical needs can be met in one place. Not compensated well.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Berger Health System

"Welcome to the Hen House"

Former Employee - Hospital Worker in Circleville, OH
    Former Employee - Hospital Worker in Circleville, OH

Pros

The town is a good community to live in, and the hospital is the only job in that town that pays a liveable wage. The community includes a decent school and all the regular shopping. The prices are lower, so it's easier to live off a lower wage. Several large communites are within a 20mile drive in all directions. This site will offer you the experience you need if you want to use it as a stepping stone into your career. I thought my entire experience was extremely negative and I don't know why else people put up with the horrible working conditions and treatment Berger offers its employees

Cons

Oh, get ready for some small town gossip! The women who work at this hospital are MISERABLE and have nothing to do except talk about everyone and their mother. Even the employees of this hospital will not use its facilities because of the amount of gossip. It is a backstabbing extravaganza. Management treats the employees like crap since they know there is a list of people who will take the position if they don't want to put up with it. Get ready to be treated like you're worthless! Oh, unless you kiss some serious tail and have the latest and nastiest gossip of course. Those kinds of people are considered a huge asset to the company. Health coverage is minimal but still costly. The working enviroment is horribly depressing. Everyone hates their job and can't wait to leave. This hospital has a horrible reputation for a reason!

Advice to Management

Your skilled employees are valuable and deserved to be treated as such. Gossip should not be the moral code of a hospital even if it's the only thing to do in a small town.

2. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Berger Health System full-time

Pros

Small town hospital with a friendly atmosphere. Employees are super nice. My manager works around my schedule. A true pleasure to work at this facility.

Cons

I have not been employed here long enough to really find cons. There is a great nurse to patient ratio compared to other hospitals. However, I think the standard is too high. Low wage lower than other hospitals, Low shift diff pay

Advice to Management

To be competitive with other hospitals and retain your employees I think you should increase pay