Berklee - Great balance, low turnover | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Berklee

"Great balance, low turnover"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

There is a great work/life balance; the college offers great benefits; and it is a creative and stimulating working environment.

Cons

Due to low turnover, advancement opportunities can be hard to come by. As with any large institution, there are sometimes questionable politics which interfere with doing what's best.

Advice to Management

As long as the student experience remains at the center of decisions, Berklee is sure to find a way to prepare them for a career in the 21st century.

Other Employee Reviews for Berklee

"A great organization that needs some vision for its entry level jobs"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA

Pros

Fantastic benefits-- great vacation time, good healthcare and retirement benefits (with decent corporate match). The location is great, and it's nice working around students. I liked Berklee's PTO (paid time off) system-- I could accrue days off and use them as either sick days or as vacation days. These accrued fairly quickly and when I left I was paid out on them very well. I loved working there during the school year-- there was always great music, lots of people, and a busy and satisfying feel around the campus. It is a great place to work if you're looking to get into a career in music administration.

Cons

The pay was commeasurate with an entry level non-profit position, but it didn't seem that it would grow as I got more tentured there. I know that some of my more senior colleagues were not compensated very well either, monetarily.

Advice to Management

To provide more opportunities for lower-level employees. Doing so will keep the talent that they are able to hire out of colleges, but I felt very stuck in a data-entry job when I knew my talents would be better used elsewhere.

2. "Lab Moniter"

I worked at Berklee part-time

Pros

Work with amazing people in a great environment.

Cons

There were no cons at all.