Cover image for Berkshire Hathaway

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's a job... I guess. (Concierge)

Mar 2, 2017 - Concierge in Asheville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Benefits when you first start. + 12+ Days of PTO. + Pick your schedule. + Paid Training. + Co-workers seem alright.

Cons

- They don't tell you what you'll be doing, till you start training. You don't really get a choice either. Don't want to be doing concierge? Too bad. - Mandatory over time (Extra money is nice for some though) - They say you'll be training for 3 weeks, but its really only 2 weeks. You sit in a class watching power points and using "offline" based programs (so most of the features don't even work) to learn how to do your job. After the 2 weeks, they throw you onto the floor for "nesting". They say a supervisor is around to help, but other people need help too. Not ready to take live calls? Too bad. - Very stressful. You'd think a job based on "Google searching" would be easy, but it's surprising pretty stressful, when you have someone yelling at you trying to find the nearest Starbucks in some big city you've never been to. - Low pay for what you'll actually be doing. As others have said, they expect gold but give you little help. - Their programs are slow and crash a lot. They use virtual computers, yet expect you to give someone turn by turn directions on google maps... Takes a little bit to even load google maps at times. - Communication is lacking severely. They said 3 weeks of training (its really 2) during the day. Normal hours of 8:00-4:30. After 2 weeks, you change hours with only a few days notice to 1:00-9:30 PM, then your schedule you picked. We weren't even told about "nesting" (going live after 2 weeks) till our soon to be supervisor asked if we knew about it, then looked shocked when we said no. Overall? I'd avoid this place.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Freelancer

Family

Nov 23, 2022 - REALTOR®
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family atmosphere and they work hard to make sure you’re set up for success with classes, group trainings, etc available.

Cons

Fees and commission percentage taken out are way too high.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

I Love It!

Nov 16, 2022 - REALTOR®
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great mentorship from my team and broker. - Education and training is a priority

Cons

Not that many people come to the office post covid

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Berkshire Hathaway.

Berkshire Hathaway Photos

+ Add Photo
Berkshire Hathaway photo of: the office
Berkshire Hathaway photo of: Farmington Office
Berkshire Hathaway photo of: Myrtle Beach Team
Berkshire Hathaway photo of: Exterior
Berkshire Hathaway photo of: Today's Sales Meeting: Snow White & her Step-Mother

Have you worked here?