Berkshire Hills Bancorp - My experience at Berkshire Bank was satisfying for a young person seeking full-time employment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Berkshire Hills Bancorp

"My experience at Berkshire Bank was satisfying for a young person seeking full-time employment."

Former Employee - Teller I in Feeding Hills, MA
Former Employee - Teller I in Feeding Hills, MA

Pros

Some of the pros to working for Berkshire Bank, are consistent work schedules, comparable pay to similar positions in other companies, benefits for full time employees at a reasonable cost, enjoyable staff, and occasional overtime.

Cons

The biggest downside at the time that I was employed with Berkshire Bank, was the fact that the banks intentions of growing into a nationally sized bank, kind of clashed with the customers who were used their small town banking experience that they were used to when the company was originally Woronocco Savings Bank. For the most part, people do not tend to favor change, and become set in their ways. With Berkshire Bank constantly expanding, and wanting to offer new products and solutions to their customers, along came the "retail banking" style. In my own personal experience, the customers seemed to be annoyed with sales pitches, and towards the end of my time with Berkshire Bank, employees were actually given contact sheets to start cold calling in-between customers.

Advice to Management

I understand that the intention of most companies is to grow and expand as fast and as far as possible and I cannot condemn Berkshire Bank for doing so, as they are expanding rapidly and with great success. My only advice to the Senior Management is to show a little bit more compassion to the customer. Let them know you care about their experience, and ask for their feedback. My suggestion would be more surveys. Have a survey sweepstakes to give the customer incentive. Place survey cards in the branches. Have pop up surveys on the online banking site. Also being a customer of the bank, I have not experienced any of the above suggestions.

Other Employee Reviews for Berkshire Hills Bancorp

1. "americas most exciting bank"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Albany, NY

Pros

love the culture and the people

Cons

berkshire bank has no cons

Advice to Management

none

2. "Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Berkshire Hills Bancorp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good experience, learn a bit of everythjng

Cons

Low pay, casual work dress and attitude