Bert Corona Leadership Institute - Unfortunate negative reviews for a great organization - | Glassdoor
  1. "Unfortunate negative reviews for a great organization -"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Bert Corona Leadership Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The organization is great. I have worked on and off for this organization for years. The CEO is great and reliable. He is respectful and considerate with ALL employees whether they be males or females. As a female, I am offended by some of the other reviews. It is clear that the reviewers themselves was sexist and not the CEO. Beautiful women can't be smart at the same time?! In the time I worked for BCLI, I learned... so much. You are given opportunity to take your initiative and be your own leader. The CEO gives a platform for ideas to be tested and even scaled up. The CEO and his staff DO NOT lie, cheat, or steal. They work from the goodness of their hearts and sacrifice themselves to help others in need, primarily youth. I applaud the work that I did when I was at BCLI and the work that is still being done.

Cons

There are none that I can really think of. It is unfortunate that all of these lies are being spread.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing and ignore the lies. This is a great movement and I wish you could do more.

Bert Corona Leadership Institute2014-10-18

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Fellowship"

Former Contractor - Senior Fellow in Washington, DC

I worked at Bert Corona Leadership Institute for less than a year

Pros

Pay was decent and location good.

Cons

Environment not great. Too much unhappiness behind the scenes. Trust issues a problem and delegation of work not done effectively.

Advice to Management

Don't always trust your closest person next to you. Sometimes an outsider can manage better. Be open to change. Plus listen with an open mind.

Bert Corona Leadership Institute2016-05-19
  2. "Summer Intern Experience"

Former Intern - Summer Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Bert Corona Leadership Institute for less than a year

Pros

I was offered this internship position by the CEO of the company half-way through the summer, so I only interned for a total of 7 weeks. In these 7 weeks, however, I was challenged on a daily basis. I gained experience in grant research as well as in basic administrative tasks. I also became more familiarized with topical issue areas facing migrant communities today. Additionally, interns are given the... opportunities for face-to-face interactions with the students involved in BCLI's leadership development programs. This is a good experience for those interested in going into nonprofit work or education alike.

Cons

As an intern, I was exposed to office tension at times which made the workplace environment slightly uncomfortable. Besides this, the work was interesting and the experience was worthwhile; the pros definitely outweighed the cons in my opinion.

Bert Corona Leadership Institute2014-11-24

Discover more reviews about Bert Corona Leadership Institute.