Bert Fish Medical Center - I love my job at Bert Fish Medical Center | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bert Fish Medical Center

"I love my job at Bert Fish Medical Center"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Smyrna Beach, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Smyrna Beach, FL

I have been working at Bert Fish Medical Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My Co-workers are compassionate, respectful, dependable, and always available to help and encourage each other.
I am amazed and impressed daily, by the professionalism and quality care provided to all of our guests. I plan to work here until I retire, many years from now.

Cons

I have a reason to get out of bed in the morning. Even when I hurt, someone at work cares.

Advice to Management

I am so grateful for your Health & Wellness initiative, and Smoke-Free Campus. Thanks for encouraging those who want to live a healthy and active life.

Other Employee Reviews for Bert Fish Medical Center

1. "Great work atmosphere, great employees."

Current Employee - Staff Nurse
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse

Pros

The staff is great. They are very helpful to eachother. There are not many cliques. It is a true small town hospital. If you show respect and do your job, respect is given.

Cons

There are a lot of traveler nurses and few staff nurses which makes it harder to form bonds. The nurse to patient ratio can be daunting at times. With the new merger with Florida hospital things are a little confusing at times.

Advice to Management

As with any business the all mighty dollar is the bottom line. Try to reduce the the patient load or have the aids take on a few charting tasks such as vitals, baths, and blood sugars. This would lighten the load for the nurses quite a bit, or bring on an extra nurse per shift. This would do wonders for the morale and also give the ability for the aids to continue to assist the patients and not have to chart. Possibly making more nurses want to stay on staff.

"RN"

Pros

People are great, doctors are good

Cons

Executive Management don't care about what is going on with patient care- the ratios are terrible

Advice to Management

NEVER see executives round on floors to check on patients or staff- get out of your office and out of meetings to check on the people that pay your salary