Beryl Companies - Not all that it seems | Glassdoor

"Not all that it seems"

Former Employee - Patient Experience Advocate in Bedford, TX
Former Employee - Patient Experience Advocate in Bedford, TX

Pros

The people were nice. The job was not hard per se. They seem to truly care about the employee's and that was a big plus.

Cons

Beryl calls itself providing Premium Customer Service, yet they are extremely nit-picky. They expect perfection, yet the compensation is not worth the hassle or the headache. I felt as if they didn't quite treat the employees as adults. As they devoted a whole hour to etiquette. Handshaking and which fork to use. I've been working for 15+ years, I know how to shake hands and use a fork and I know what to wear. I left b/c I felt I was better than what they had to offer. Might be a good starter job, but for an established adult. No.

Advice to Management

Stop the nitpicking. Its degrading to adults. Also have some of the team leads take calls. It seemed to me, some forgot where they came from.

Other Employee Reviews for Beryl Companies

1. "The Most Expensive Call Center in the United States Needs to Invest More in Its Employees"

Former Employee - Command Center Coordinator in Bedford, TX
    Former Employee - Command Center Coordinator in Bedford, TX

Pros

Excellent benefits package; non-exempt bonuses

Cons

Senior management changed approximately every 2 years with a different focus with every change; the main problem was that the company was not willing to invest in the technology that would allow its employees to implement these changes effectively or efficiently; in an effort to cut costs, benefits were sacrificed; the compensation is not industry competitive

Advice to Management

Go back to the original culture. Claiming that the company "always does the right thing" is dangerous when management is openly creating policies or changing existing policies after the fact that are perceived as dishonest and anti-worker.

2. "I did not enjoy being micro managed."

I worked at Beryl Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent, benefits are good.

Cons

Micro management and callers are not pleasant because they are sick and looking for a Dr.