Bessemer Trust Company - Dead stop | Glassdoor

"Dead stop"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Woodbridge, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Woodbridge, NJ

Pros

The office is like a family. Although, it may be very political, it is a great place to get comfortable. I look forward to seeing most of my coworkers when I wake up in the morning.

Cons

There is literally no room for advancement in comparison to many other places. Concerns are completely ignored and recognition is rare and far between.

Advice to Management

If you recognize how valuable your employees are during review time, it might be fair to reward them. Without the reward of either a higher than normal raise or a promotion, the recognition on the review means absolutely NOTHING.

Other Employee Reviews for Bessemer Trust Company

"Overall a good experience."

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY

Pros

Great benefits, including time off. Good opportunity for advancement and job security.

Cons

Atmosphere can be a little old school at times.

Advice to Management

None.

"I love it here"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

Pros

There are LOTs of perks and employee benefits. Private cafeteria with deeply discounted prices, good food and an executive chef, company paid health care for the entire family. People come here and stay for a long time. There is opportunity to growth, education is encouraged and educational opportunities are abundant. The people are open and friendly. It seems like a lot of people start here right out of college and stay. So far I have not met any diva managers. The one or 2 that were here were quickly gone. There are frequent job openings with lots of incentives for employees to recommend friends.

Cons

This place can be kind of stuffy and formal. There is no such thing as casual Friday. Some people insist on being addressed as Mr. or Mrs. so and so. The starting salary was a little low, but once you add in other perks its fine.

Advice to Management

Honestly I don't know of any advice that I would offer to management. I really like this place. Despite the fact that it's very formal, people are open and friendly. Employees are genuinely happy to work here (for the most part).