Best Buy - Sales Associate | Glassdoor
  1. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

I found really solid connections and grew as a person while working for Best Buy. I also learned a lot about product management in the work place for Sales and Business purposes. My overall experience was enriching because of the non-stop courses offered to me as a sales associate.

Cons

Often times I was stuck having to work alone in the work environment due to being a part-time employee, however, I learned to quickly adjust to manage my time properly while working alone within my department.

Advice to Management

I believe that the seasonal product placement and packaging could have been better for the customers that ventured to my department. Many of the customers that wanted to buy products in large quantities directly from the best buy store had no way of getting large bundled products.

Best Buy2016-09-23
  1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great benefits like school aid money, decent pay, and good opportunity for promotion

Cons

sometimes long hours, and holidays can be very hectic

Best Buy2019-07-23

"Great training, loads of support, fun environment."

Former Employee - Computing and Digital Imaging Sales Consultant in Rochester, MN

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the best training in industry for a kid who had no experience in sales. Friendly store competitions. NOT COMMISSION BASED - Sometimes the store, occasionally your nearby stores too, would just have rough months, its very nice to not have to worry about the income being consistent, and, it helps you sell because you don't feel pressured to add a bunch of stuff they don't need so you can pay bills too. It lets...

Cons

Lots of working with people (its sales), so you can get some moody people. I didn't really like sales, but I loved the opportunity at Best Buy, but even though we had a small store, my hours would get cut because I was way below were I needed to be for sales, hard to raise that when you are in the store once every 7 or so days.

Best Buy2019-07-21

Discover more reviews about Best Buy.