Best Buy - Best Buy's Best Benefits in Retail Outweigh the Worst Cons | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

"Best Buy's Best Benefits in Retail Outweigh the Worst Cons"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vienna, VA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vienna, VA

Pros

The benefits are great for full-timers (401k, paid vacation, sick hours to use for each paycheck, time and a half for govt holidays worked, paid holidays, stock options, full medical, dental, and optical coverage, and tuition reimbursement), very decent starting pay, management are encouraging and supportive, and almost everyone there likes to joke around and have as much fun as possible on the job, and that includes management. Good as a easy-going part time job for high schoolers or college kids, as well as a great way to advance in the business world for full-timers with flexible schedules.

Cons

If you disagree with management, you get on their bad side pretty quickly, and once you are there, it's nearly impossible to succeed or advance within the company. As many other reviews have also stated, there is obvious favoritism practiced among management. However, as long as you work hard to get things done, be friendly, satisfy the customer needs, and hit your numbers, this will most likely never be a problem. If you are thinking about working at Best Buy full time, you better care about their profit margin.

Advice to Management

Hiring so many new seasonal employees would be great if you used them to work the HOLIDAY hours when the full-time and regular employees will want off to spend with family, and NOT to take away hours needed during the rest of the season.
Also, change the system for customer service's return policy! The fact that the system will let us take back opened items from months outside the return policy if it's opened but not one day outside the return policy if it's unopened? Newsflash: we still make full profit off of unopened items, and take a hit for open box items. That system has to change.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Have fun and enjoy what you do."

Current Employee - Geek Squad, Double Agent (DA) in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Geek Squad, Double Agent (DA) in Detroit, MI

Pros

fun place to work. Enjoy learning about technology and teaching it to people.

Cons

Advancement opportunities can be limited at times and sometimes take awhile.

Advice to Management

Be sure to develop people so that they can prospure within the company.

2. "Best Buy pros and cons"

Current Employee - Customer Assistant in Owasso, OK
    Current Employee - Customer Assistant in Owasso, OK

Pros

The benefits are good. Career opps are not too bad.

Cons

The managment alot of times is very pushing and says we are not on commision yet as a customer assistant gives us a goal to hit and then we get in trouble if we dont hit it but no one says a word it we do. Supervisors are very pushy and not fair with pay at all. Managment talks about other employees on personal levels.

Advice to Management

Treat your employess fairly. If you say we are not on commision then please dont make us feel like we are. I've tons of employees saying they are ready to quit and I have to talk them out of it. Stop pushing us so hard and stressing us out. Focus more on training and actually following job description with title.