Best Buy - I literally LOVE my job! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

"I literally LOVE my job!"

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Mechanicsburg, PA
Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Mechanicsburg, PA

Pros

Their like a family, and everyone works as a team. It's a fun enviroment and employees are given great training! I like that after working there 3 weeks I had no questions about how to do all aspects of my job. It's a company that I feel the need to go above and beyond for everyday.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. A lot of people do find it difficult to hit your 20% goal on services when working up front, and to get the credit card apps in. Personally, I find that I have NO trouble what-so-ever as long as you effectively communicate the benefits to the customer.

Advice to Management

You guys are great, only thing I would say as far as advice goes, is more time alloted for employees to help other employees struggling in sales of services. I was able to help a co-worker raise his numbers just by spending half a shift pitching the GSBTP Plans along with him until he understood what he needed to be communicating to the customer.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "The BEST place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Lebanon, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Lebanon, NH

Pros

This is a very fun, creative and respectful place to work. Even though Best Buy has been getting a lot of bad criticism lately, it is BY FAR one of the best companies I have worked for.

Cons

There is too much going on at once... Corporate needs to become more streamlined. Some new initiatives role out without full understanding.

Advice to Management

Figure it out! We need to excel at Customer Service and DESTROY the competition with price and selection! We will ALWAYS be number 1!

"Fantastic job for those in college"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Paducah, KY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Paducah, KY

Pros

Working at Best Buy is one of the higher end teenage jobs one can get. The pay is better than fast-food, it has a clean atmosphere, and best of all you get paid to talk to people! Opportunities for advancement are definitely available and the employee discount is pretty good.

Cons

As with any retail establishment it's all about the numbers. No matter how good you get to know your customer if they didn't get all the accessories, a protection plan on their product, or a Best Buy credit card with their purchase management will tell you to try harder.