Best Buy - Great, but can't get any benefits. | Glassdoor
  1. "Great, but can't get any benefits."

Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile SAS Lead Sales Consultant in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Love my job. It's great, pretty lax as long as you do the work you're supposed to. Easy to climb the ladder.

Cons

The only full time positions are the GM and the AM. Wish I could go full time just for the benefits (which are great).

Advice to Management

Allow full time positions in the SAS stores and I would be eternally happy.

Best Buy2016-12-31
  1. "decent"

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros

great pay ton of hours great discounts good management

Cons

unorganized boring no commission bad training

Best Buy2020-01-24
  2. "Positive Experience, Great Management Goes a Long Way."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Lawrence, KS

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

The feeling of helping customers who have no technological experience made me feel like a super-star doing the basics of finding them the right cable. The training was a bit long and wordy, a bit complex; that said it was also comprehensive and I felt confident in my sales expectations, goals and workplace management. Flexible schedule and great workplace culture.

Cons

Different locations have different management and it's not uncommon that you and management aren't on the same understanding. I'd also say it's unfortunate that, though there is a strong feeling that calling the hotline etc. and making official complaints even through and with high-level management it's rare to see real change happen even with repeat offenders. Low-level harassment and customer complaints of specific staff are taken seriously enough but there is a feeling that building management has no real power to enact change other than hiring.

Advice to Management

Nothing specific. I had very active, kind and understanding staff. I still hold true and tell folks that the GM here is, honestly, one of the most wholesome and genuinely helpful people I've ever met.

Best Buy2020-01-24

Discover more reviews about Best Buy.