Best Buy - Not a total waste of my time but I would probably not work here again. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

"Not a total waste of my time but I would probably not work here again."

Former Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Rockford, IL
Former Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Rockford, IL

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't really think of anything that stands out. Employees used to get a really sweet discount but they did away with a lot of that. Learning lounges allow you to win free product from doing quizzes. Met some really amazing people there.

Cons

I never received a raise while I was there or a review of my performance. The management cares very little about their employees. Poor availability standards.

Advice to Management

Try to care about the employees and listen to their concerns.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Proceed with caution."

Current Employee - Operations Senior in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Operations Senior in Boston, MA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company offers many opportunities for growth sheerly because it has so many stores. There are several leadership positions that are easily attainable with little or no formal education.

Cons

This company has aggressive sales goals and the corporate culture promotes favoritism, greed, and negative competition.

Advice to Management

Spend more time in the stores -- the people that get paid the most, and those with the most talent in this company spend no time in the stores. The stores are managed through email...

2. "Great work life balance - lacking on the technology front."

Current Employee - Information Architect in Richfield, MN
    Current Employee - Information Architect in Richfield, MN

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best Buy's environment is ROWE (Results Only Work Environment) so you get your work done, then go home. That could be in 40 hours or 32 hours a week...you could come in at 10am and leave at 4pm - just as long as you're getting your work done and people get what they need from you. Great flexible schedule, smart people, and great campus.

Cons

There are many contractors - so a lot of knowledge and history walk out the door when a project is completed. Many of the system's Best Buy uses are dated and need improvement. There is a lack of on-boarding here as well for new employees.

Advice to Management

Recruit top talent - and once you get them - keep them, by level setting expectations, allowing for creative outlets, and improving .com testing environments, processes and keeping the businesses in check.