Best Buy - I LOVE BEST BUY | Glassdoor

"I LOVE BEST BUY"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

BBY is the kind of company that after a few months will become in your second house, even in your days off you will fell the need of going to the store and check how the business is going without even being a manager.

Cons

employees have too much power, HR and LP make ridiculous decision sometimes, and some company policies simply don't work.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Loved working here"

Former Employee - Multi Channel Sales Associate in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Multi Channel Sales Associate in Portland, OR

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All the employees are great, the company is great, and mostly good managers. The company has a great discount program and it's just a good company to work for.

Cons

Hardly any advancement opportunity for sales employees. Once you're in sales, you're pretty much stuck there for the duration of your employment. My location also did not stick to state guidelines for lunches and breaks.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with class, promote the ones who deserve it and give raises based off of performance. Also stick to state laws regarding lunches and breaks, care a little more about the employees as people not just as beings who work for you.

2. "So-So"

Current Employee - Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA) in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA) in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Variety of people that you can meet, Co-workers can make your day fun and humorous, discount was good at first. I managed to not work weekends or nights here which was great (I have a young child.).

Cons

Pay was not commensurate with my experience/education. I felt that management paid what they wanted to pay. They had favorites and depending on how hard you hussled them then they would respond and give pay increases BUT only if you had some time under your belt and did your job well enough. They only care about a bottom line...if you sold enough services and accessories and made your numbers they loved you. I liked most of the managers and learned to like my job in spite of all of the cons. I loved my coworkers and didn't really expect to make this a long-term position. I learned alot being in Geek Squad and overall didn't regret working here. DO expect to work holidays, and especially black Friday and Christmas Eve. Black Friday is exciting but hard hours to work (12 hours).

Advice to Management

Treat employees better and respect everyone.