Best Buy - Excellant company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

"Excellant company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, CA

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The ability to learn as much as you want about any department that interests you is incredible. Combine that with the ability to practice what you have learned, to grow professionally and be coached personally gives you plenty of room to prepare yourself for moving up or over within the company.

Cons

Making the best use of your time can be challenging for some.

Advice to Management

Never take your blue shirts for granted. Observe, encourage, coach and guide. Don't play favorites.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "A hectic but enjoyable seasonal employment term"

Former Contractor - Cashier in Palmdale, CA
    Former Contractor - Cashier in Palmdale, CA

I worked at Best Buy as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

*The pay is wonderful! If you're entry level, $10 an hour is something special.
    *Great staff; do not distract them when they are busy, however.
    *Because it was the holiday season, they often spoiled us with food. Trust, that's big when you're busy all day long working long shifts.

Cons

*Although the pay is great, they hire so much help you get little hours unfortunately. I suppose that's how they balance their pay.
    *The occasional rude or bizarre customer, but that's just retail territory.

Advice to Management

Hire more often! Hiring once a year is madness. Expand your regular workforce a bit as well, it's kind of awkward seeing one cashier handling crowds.

2. "Not the best or worst company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best Buy is a great company to work for in terms of receiving the training necessary to do your job and do it well (training is provided, but whether or not it's utilized or absorbed is another story). Employees also receive monthly bonuses if the store's revenue goal is met. Employees can also be given points rewards, called Path to Excellence points, to recognize them for going above and beyond. Said points can be redeemed for in store coupons, various gift cards, travel vouches, merchandise, etc.

Cons

While part time employees do receive limited health benefits (health consultations online and over the phone for a small copay), they do not receive enough benefits, in my opinion. As a current part time employee, it would help my morale if I could go see a doctor, at least for preventative care with limited office visits.

Advice to Management

Give the gaming department some love and make it its own department again, without being attached to Lifestyles. Fight for the part time employees and help them get the health benefits they deserve.