Best Buy - It has been a good ride so far. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

"It has been a good ride so far."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Valparaiso, IN
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Valparaiso, IN

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supervisors and direct managers are usually great people and care about the employees. Get to work with very cool products and that employee discount is pretty nice too. My supervisor is very flexible with my hours and always asks me to look at his rough draft schedule before he posts it to make sure it works for me. They have always been supportive of any sort of training I wanted to do and are also being very supportive now as I am trying to transfer stores since I am moving. They also reward on performance which is awesome. I am young to work there (19) but I work hard and because of that my management relies on my selling skills and and they treat me as an experienced salesman. My general manager goes out of his way every day to ask every employee how they are doing that day and if there's anything they need. I understand this isn't a company wide view but at my store, things are quite nice.

Cons

Customers..... you have good ones, and you have REALLY REALLY bad ones. You can also say goodbye to your holidays cause you'll spend the majority of them in the big blue box. I worked 20 hours on black friday.... that shouldn't even be legal. Poor product knowledge training, they mainly focus on selling skills.

Advice to Management

Better training on product knowledge and more rewarding pay. I think I should make a little more than $9 an hour when I sell thousands of dollars of product every single day.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

"Was once a great company, now has lost its way"

Current Employee - District Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

As with many jobs, there are a lot of great people who work for Best Buy
    The discount is excellent
    There is plenty of room for advancement

Cons

Complete lack of alignment or clarity from the top of the organization
    Consistently changes course, often 180 degrees, often within the same calendar year

Advice to Management

Get everyone on the same page. Stop making foolish, short-sighted decisions that impact one quarter's results at the expense of the next four quarters. Have the COURAGE to establish a vision and stick to it.

2. "Ok company"

Former Employee - Computer Specialist in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Computer Specialist in Ontario, CA

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

amazing employee discount
    willing to work with college studen schedules

Cons

management was very unprofessional
    pay sucked
    too much favoritism

Advice to Management

i would suggest management listen to employees more and take in to consideration feedback whether it be good or bad.