Best Buy - Great people! Fun Job! not very good with pay. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

"Great people! Fun Job! not very good with pay."

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Lead in Sunrise, FL
Current Employee - Mobile Sales Lead in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The old discounts are back (5% above cost). Pretty flexible with your schedule too. The people you work with are great and makes the job a lot more enjoyable. Being non commission makes it easier to sell and less stressful on yourself. That being said you do not make as much money.

Cons

The only reason I am leaving (Just put my 2 weeks in) is because of pay. If I was getting paid more I would stay and maybe consider BestBuy a career choice. The average employee is making 9-10 dollars an hour. There is a chance to bonus but happens maybe 2-3 times a year. If you are looking for part time work around 15-25 hours a week Best Buy will be great! If you NEED to be making more money you will need to look elsewhere (I start AT&T in 2 weeks and will be making 3-4 times what I make now doing the same thing just focused strictly on AT&T products...not 14 other carriers) I have worked for the company for almost 3 years and have seen the decline, I truly hope for a turnaround for Best Buy!!!

Advice to Management

Path To Excellence is a good way to keep the "drive" for your sales team, some what makes up for no commission. The company's biggest struggle is paying employees for the work they do. Receiving 1 dollar for every 1,000 you make is great business but will lead to high turnover. Fix this issue now before it becomes an even bigger problem (Best Buy cannot afford any more problems)

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Working out the kinks"

Current Employee - General Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - General Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, culture, & discounts.

Cons

Too much going on at corporate for senior leaders to digest reality.

2. "One of the better retail jobs"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are good at sales and are looking to move into management in order to make more money its a great job.

Cons

Long hours, difficult to get noticed, if you don't want to be a manager you will never make enough money to make it a career.

Advice to Management

The hiring process needs to be more stringent. People with zero customer service talent are consistently hired.