Best Buy - Probably one of the better retail jobs for skill building | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

"Probably one of the better retail jobs for skill building"

I worked at Best Buy full-time

Pros

I'm not going to make any rose-colored projections about how a retail job would change your life, but if you do find yourself needing to work in retail-this is probably one of the best companies you can join to build interpersonal/career skills. They are very training-intensive, and the nature of the job demands you contribute a high level of performance. I was a home theater sales associate for almost 3 years, and got quite a bit of technical knowledge as well as confidence in interacting with strangers. Also, everybody that works there is quite amicable and good natured-qualities I think the company values intensively during the hiring process. I made quite a few good friends. They are also pretty good about promoting from within, I knew quite a few high level employees who got their starts as regular sales associates.

Cons

You are there to make the company money, and at times this can make you feel exploited/expendable. If you stick to the job and do good work, you won't really have a lot of anxiety about your position.

Advice to Management

Make sure your employees feel cared for

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "There are worse jobs out there."

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Time passes quickly, learn about new tech, gain experience...good job for during college or just after.

Cons

It's retail, it wears on you after a while. Can get very busy at certain locations.

Advice to Management

Less paperwork/sales sheets with customers, focus more on personal interaction and conversations.

2. "One of the Best companies I've worked for"

Current Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) in Boston, MA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and amazing discount

Cons

some of the customers can get very cranky when it comes to there computers and give alot of attitude, and there is little to no training (hands on)

Advice to Management

give hands on training for geek squad agents