Best Buy - Great Company | Glassdoor

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Richfield, MN

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I work as a PM, recently noticed someone commenting that we don't have a PMO department. But I have been with Best Buy for about 7 years and the PMO team has been established with Best Buy before I started.

Cons

Far too often good and great employees get burnt out because of poor Project Managers who do not have a basic or general idea of what is required as a Project manager, such as communication and knowing what is going on with your project instead of asking other departments who are not involved. As well as a lack of PMs having a basic knowledge of the concept of their project and department.

Advice to Management

It would be a lot easier to get projects done on time and within budget if there was more care put into vetting PMs and their competency of general and basic PM knowledge as well as subject knowledge of the department they work for. For example having a Marketing Project Manager managing the Technical Project with no back ground or technical knowledge or the desire to learn.

Best Buy2018-12-05
  1. "Good"

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Fun work environment, good team

Cons

Unstable schedule, weird hours, retail

Best Buy2019-10-14
  2. "All the BBY benefits without the sales drama"

Former Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Springfield, MO

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Access to accommodations (manufacture discount). Access to employee discount. Good managers/supervisors. No sales drama.

Cons

Individual performance is nearly unmeasurable in this position, judged as a group. Shrinking pool of accommodations and availability. UMRP goods don't get a discount, despite avg. cost information. Pay is currently behind similar jobs in the area (2019), used to be ahead after previous restructure (2016). New responsibilities and position titles for everyone in department. Electronic tags will eliminate... traditional Merchandising.

Advice to Management

District and Regional corporate merchandising is shooting from the hip.

Best Buy2019-10-14

Discover more reviews about Best Buy.