Best Buy - One of the best places I have ever been. Would work there again. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

"One of the best places I have ever been. Would work there again."

Former Contractor - Sales Transaction Assistant in Taunton, MA
Former Contractor - Sales Transaction Assistant in Taunton, MA

I worked at Best Buy as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment! Like one big family!

Cons

No complaints at all. Great!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Disconnected Message"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, meet all different sorts of people, helping customers solve their problems is rewarding.

Cons

Best Buy preaches its values as no customer goes unserved and no employee goes untrained. Sounds great and something employees can believe in and rally around, but in reality, BBY does not live up to these values. Training is minimal and scattered. Once you hit the floor the customer service first idea is quickly abandoned for closing sales, upsells, GSP, branded payments and selling services. There is a clear disconnect.

Advice to Management

Apply the values you preach. Train your people well, be experts, solve problems for customers. Stop selling and lead customers through a buying experience. The key to building a relationship with anyone for any reason is helping someone solve a problem and expect nothing in return. Live that approach for a while.

2. "Lots of corporate corruption but overall great job"

Former Employee - Merchandising Supervisor in Wyomissing, PA
    Former Employee - Merchandising Supervisor in Wyomissing, PA

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

fun job, great people to work with, feels like a family

Cons

corporate corruption, people looking to move up will screw over their best friend just to get a leg up

Advice to Management

realize the people working for you are people who care and should be cared about, not a number you can terminate and replace. within a year I worked my way up from a seasonal minimum wage employee to a supervisor position, and doubled my pay. This was because of my drive and love of my job. I got fired because I was so passionate about my department that I protectively told off the manager of a completely unrelated (sales) department via email who was whining/complaining about my department whom had a massive workload to begin with. After working for them for over 3 years and winning employee of the fiscal quarter, I was terminated over three "technical" documented tardinesses; all of which were between 2-9 minutes within a six month period. If that isn't corrupt, I don't know what is.