Best Buy - One of the best places I have ever been. Would work there again. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

"One of the best places I have ever been. Would work there again."

Former Contractor - Sales Transaction Assistant in Taunton, MA
Former Contractor - Sales Transaction Assistant in Taunton, MA

I worked at Best Buy as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment! Like one big family!

Cons

No complaints at all. Great!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Not a Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Transaction Assistant
    Current Employee - Sales Transaction Assistant

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really liked the people I have meet through best buy. I have made some friends over the two years that I have worked there.

Cons

Management could care less about you on a personal level and the wages are not worth going to best buy in comparison to any other retailer. My least favorite part of the job is how the sales work. It seems like all Best Buy cares about is selling you the Reward Zone Credit Card and then slapping their Geek Squad Protection on to your purchase. I mean, focus more on the product and accessories! Granted these things are good in some cases but Best Buy could care less about the product. I can't wait to leave this company so that I can afford to pay my bills, and so that I don't have to concentrate on talking people into credit cards.

Advice to Management

Take the time to meet your employees, offer more competitive wages (which isn't asking much,) and focus more on the product and customer needs! I think, and have heard the same from other employees, that Best Buy pushes away their employees and customers because of the problems described above.

2. "Things have changed"

Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you have been with the company for more than a few years, the pay is good, and the experience was great. As Best Buy struggles though, the retail worker's job has suffered, whether line level or management. still a great place to learn, and hopefully grow.

Cons

Company is cutting costs, laying off and closing stores. New leadership does not mix well with old. I have seen good employees held accountable for things well beyond their control.

Advice to Management

Good luck; save our company!