Best Buy - Horrible | Glassdoor

"Horrible"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Kent, OH
Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Kent, OH

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employee Discount, lots of people to talk to

Cons

Hours,Pay Rate, Company overcharges for services

Advice to Management

Treat Employees better

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "One of the BEST retail companies I have worked for so far"

Current Employee - Mobile Sales Lead in Chicago Ridge, IL
    Current Employee - Mobile Sales Lead in Chicago Ridge, IL

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

After switching from a big box store SWAS and to a SAS, I rose through the ranks a lot faster. Received more experience and training at the SAS location. The pay is wonderful. Associates are knowledgeable...we know what we are talking about.

Cons

The quotas they ask for a store to hit are a bit ridiculous. Wish we didn't sell Apple products because the majority of customers who spend all their money on Apple do not want to protect their $300+ investment or buy accessories for it. Reason why I say this is because the company does not make money on selling an Apple product alone. We are losing against Amazon.com because people do want to purchase the same products but cheaper. In order to win against Amazon, Best Buy HQ needs to just start marking down their products to at least a few dollars cheaper without having to go through the whole price override which will later lead to erosion. Best Buy is a show room for Amazon so why not have the price of the electronics already marked down, priced to Amazon, which will get the customer to buy now.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees who are in the battlefield selling for the company. People are broke however, they still want the greatest and latest without having to spend so much, which is why they shop at Amazon or buy from Walmart

"Interesting time to be there..."

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Best Buy full-time

Pros

Good experience to get your hands "dirty." Friendly and smart people in my group. Work life balance and ROWE is the best part.

Cons

Overall, the company is crumbling... some seem to deny this, while others mock the company while only a few actually to improve our situation with the pieces we have. Too much cynicism running through the culture right now.

Advice to Management

It's the 4th quarter, 2 min left, and we're down by 3 touchdowns. Work your magic!!