Best Buy - My first job. | Glassdoor

"My first job."

Former Employee - MP3 Specialist
Former Employee - MP3 Specialist

I worked at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool people and love helping customers. Got to play with the gadgets.

Cons

Realized there is no where to sit lol. Hours can be long and drawn out sometimes. Bosses were sometimes intimidating but I always knew I was doing a good job.

Advice to Management

Be nicer. Great people as equals

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "A great job for teens"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best Buy creates a great atmosphere for younger people to learn how to work efficiently and learn the sales world hands on. You meet a lot of great people working for the company and you develop connections both personal and professional that you will want to keep.

Cons

The sales strategies and models are flawed. A lot of time management can let their personal lives get in the way and that tends to get taken out on the employees. For as much work and knowledge one possesses, the hourly wages are low, but that is usually made up for by an OVERLY generous employee discount.

Advice to Management

Management needs to learn what customers want. Sometimes customers don't want to listen to a "total solution" and you have to accept that for what it is. Don't doubt the sales abilities of your employees. A lot of time when management tends to sell easier it's because you have more credibility than your employees in blue shirts. Provide a more positive atmosphere and take opportunities to coach early and often. Don't be afraid to jump into a sale and help an employee close it. Best Buy promotes a team atmosphere, and often customers don't mind hearing a second opinion from someone else.

2. "Tablet Specialist and Computer Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Tablet Specialist in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Tablet Specialist in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Made great friends. Good stepping stone. That's pretty much it, our mutual hatred of Best Buy and its practices brought us closer together.

Cons

Horrid place to work. Management is overpaid and over valued. Stores are dirty and falling apart.

Advice to Management

Take some responsibility for your actions