Best Buy - Loyalty=Being laid off | Glassdoor

"Loyalty=Being laid off"

Former Employee - Geek Squad, Agent
Former Employee - Geek Squad, Agent

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay was so-so, had ok co-workers. The employee discount was great until they took that away.

Cons

Forced to regularly work past your scheduled shifts. They sell hard meaning they will sell customers things they do not need and you better keep your mouth shut about it. Being in installations I was setup up on a frequent basis to fail and be put in harms way.

Advice to Management

Go back to what worked. Empower the people again and have them sell like they are paid hourly and not sell like they are 100% commission

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Not a Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Transaction Assistant
    Current Employee - Sales Transaction Assistant

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really liked the people I have meet through best buy. I have made some friends over the two years that I have worked there.

Cons

Management could care less about you on a personal level and the wages are not worth going to best buy in comparison to any other retailer. My least favorite part of the job is how the sales work. It seems like all Best Buy cares about is selling you the Reward Zone Credit Card and then slapping their Geek Squad Protection on to your purchase. I mean, focus more on the product and accessories! Granted these things are good in some cases but Best Buy could care less about the product. I can't wait to leave this company so that I can afford to pay my bills, and so that I don't have to concentrate on talking people into credit cards.

Advice to Management

Take the time to meet your employees, offer more competitive wages (which isn't asking much,) and focus more on the product and customer needs! I think, and have heard the same from other employees, that Best Buy pushes away their employees and customers because of the problems described above.

2. "Bestbuy"

Pros

Good company to work foe

Cons

In a turn around right now

Advice to Management

You work hard but good comp