Best Buy - Great part time job in college | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

"Great part time job in college"

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The employee discount is really good
 - Personally, I liked working with customers on a sparingly. You get to help customers find products, sell stuff to them but only when you cross paths on the floor. generally you don't deal with the difficult customers
 - great part time work for a college student
 - you are always up to date on the newest gadgets
 - Get decent exercise from walking around and lifting tvs and other larger objects

Cons

- On your feet most of the day, walking on a hard floor
 - Schedules are not as flexible due to working with the truck days

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Full of giggles and spills."

Former Employee - Geek Squad, Home Theater Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Geek Squad, Home Theater Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Best Buy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like the big screen tvs. It's nice because you never miss the big sporting events and when things are slow you can go in the theater room and watch an awesome movie on the big sound system.

Cons

I didn't like that I had to sell people stuff. It was hard sometimes and they had lots of questions that were hard to answer.

Advice to Management

I think that 5% commission is way too low for a big screen tv sale. I think they should up it to at least 50%, it only seems fair.

2. "Fun place to work mostly, constant politics and changes in management expectations."

Current Employee - Computer and Tablet Sales Associate in Portage, MI
    Current Employee - Computer and Tablet Sales Associate in Portage, MI

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced and fun. Great discount and good teamwork among your front line sales team mates. Great for networking with professionals and provided with great training. Also looks good on a resume

Cons

more of a push for numbers and getting away from the customer experience that drives business that in turn creates good numbers. Sometimes feel like you have to push a customer through the process after offering them a Best Buy credit card and a bunch of services. If a customer can benefit from a service we provide, offer it to them, but after you get to know them and their specific needs.

Advice to Management

Let your sales team go a little more in depth with customers to create return business, and don't hassle them when they get "married" to a customer when all we're trying to do is provide a world class experience, like our job description states.