Best Buy - Layoffs in 2019. Can't figure out IT/Company direction. Just a store selling others boxes. | Glassdoor

"Layoffs in 2019. Can't figure out IT/Company direction. Just a store selling others boxes."

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Richfield, MN

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Monday - buffalo chicken salad Wednesday - pasta bar Great time to recover from the weekend and prep for the next weekend!

Cons

The new CDO has reverted to analysis paralysis and doesn't have the stones to sign-off on a budget or direction. He has killed any advancement in technology for 2019, which leads me to believe BBY is in big trouble with cell phone market shirking and shopping habits changed. A bunch of legacy employees milking the system until their Social Security kicks in.

Advice to Management

Better come up with something fast or your holiday will not be so jolly. Good luck finding US citizens willing to work for BBY after the way you are treating people in the short term. Please review Amazon's 13 principles for guidance?

Best Buy2019-04-12
  1. "Pretty good"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Topeka, KS

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, Fun staff and energetic

Cons

Bad management, constant turnover and weird hours

Best Buy2019-10-23
  2. "I absolutely love working there"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Victorville, CA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

It’s such a fun environment to work around. They’re fantastic with flexible schedules, and overall just awesome to work there.

Cons

Overall, nothing huge when it comes to cons that I can think of.

Best Buy2019-10-22

Discover more reviews about Best Buy.