Best Buy - Greater appreciation for the company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

"Greater appreciation for the company"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Louisville, KY
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Louisville, KY

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the additional product training that was provided. I gained some product knowledge from when I worked there that surprised many of my friends. You really do get an entirely new appreciation for the company as a whole. Sure there are some practices that you question, but the environment is awesome and Best Buy is still my store of choice when I shop.

Cons

I didn't realize how crazy customers can be sometimes. Some people come in thinking they know everything about a particular product, when their information is quite the opposite. Some customers are willing to change their stance, but others wholeheartedly believe they are correct.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed not having the pressure to sell (no commission) and this actually helped me with a more relaxed sale approach as opposed to a more aggressive one (in which customers hate aggressive pitches), but there should be more incentives for obtaining sales goals.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

"Historically amazing; currently uncertain"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The employees at BBY are all committed to doing great work, are incredibly smart, talented, and truly fun to be around. I've made so many friends there. Historically, there has been an entrepreneurial spirit that made work exciting - you never knew where the next great idea was going to come from and everyone was working hard to come up with it.

Cons

Currently, BBY is in a turnaround and the new leadership evidently believes hard work and fun cannot co-exist. Too many talented employees leaving and threats of cuts are always present creating a less than inspiring work place.

Advice to Management

Hard work and fun can coexist in the workplace; managing with threats of cuts does not create an environment where employees want to do their best; investing in only short term opportunities is going to create long term problems.

2. "Geek Squad is a fun culture and if you love technology then it's a great job to have."

Former Employee - Technology Education Agent in Richfield, MN
    Former Employee - Technology Education Agent in Richfield, MN

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a fun environment and you get to see a lot of different people. if you feel satisfied from problem-solving, it's an awesome job. If you work in Minnesota there is a lot of opportunity for development. The corporate office is a great place to work from what I've seen.

Cons

Retail hours. Unrealistic growth expectations from a stagnant position. Also sometimes clients are just downright mean.