Best Buy - Great Company | Glassdoor

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Logistics Manager in Richfield, MN
Former Employee - Logistics Manager in Richfield, MN

I worked at Best Buy full-time

Pros

Awesome company to work for. Had several roles over the years and opportunities to excel. The overall talent at the stores and corporate is high.

Cons

Sad to see them lose very talented leadership as they change their business model in order to be competitive in the retail space.

Advice to Management

It's good to see top level change and fresh ideas in order to have renewed success

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Good Experience"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cedar Hill, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cedar Hill, TX

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot about all the different types of technology, gives you a nice background in retail/sales.

Cons

It takes a long time before any advancement. Not many opportunities to move further in the company.

Advice to Management

N/A

2. "Four supervisor changes in less than a year..."

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job that pays your bills. The employee discounts on high-margin products like cables are alright, many times rivaling online prices for similar products.

Cons

High pressure to sell Geek Squad services and protection plans for devices since this is the easiest way for the company to make a ton of money, thus increasing the managers' bonuses. When managers aren't able to meet these services/protection plan quotas, they get canned. I had four different supervisors in less than a year. You do the math.

A "rec sheet" that needs to be filled out for every customer. It's front and back. Are you kidding me? It's just another B.S. way to squeeze out more money from the customer by selling them garbage that they don't need.

Advice to Management

Value the people that have a passion for technology and work there. Do not hire idiots that don't know the first thing about a computer (or any other product in their respective department).

I can't count the number of times that a customer has come up to me and said something along the lines of, "Wow, you sure seem to know a lot more than your colleagues!"