Best Buy - good, stressful | Glassdoor

"good, stressful"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Milpitas, CA
Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

discounts that you get off best buy products

Cons

not enough coaching should be more development

Advice to Management

help out

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Great benefits and a company on the rise!"

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are some of the best around including health coverage, discount, and ease of relocating and keeping your job. I work from home with my position which is very convenient and the company has been doing a lot better recently which adds to job security.

Cons

The pay could be better although the benefits make up for that mostly.

"In my four years at Best Buy I have had and seen varying experiences within the company, the most memorable are negative"

Current Employee - Geek Squad, Deputy of Counter Intelligence (DCI) in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great training opportunities.

Somewhat flexible in terms of hours.

Good job security. Although turnover rate is roughly 50% and you will get violations if you're over 4 minutes late toward your termination.

Discount is very nice.

Cons

Underpaid.. there will come a point where your knowledge and work load is not industry equivalent and they use bonus gimmicks and other incentives such as more hours for the better sales people.

No commission..

It is easier to get a higher paying job elsewhere than to get a raise or advance in the company.

Unrealistic expectations set by in-house management.

Advice to Management

Invest in your human capital... pay people appropriate wages... I am a tech making 13 dollars an hour... with four years of work experience and I am capped at a possible 15 which my GM says I wont hit for years.... seeing executives and board members receive million dollar bonuses when the company isn't even performing while the line level people get short changed isn't very motivating.. especially when I am making slightly more than minimum wage vs. inflation with an advanced skillset....

Numerous times I have seen people with great skills, sales people, managers, and techs leave this company for better paying jobs... attract skilled labor that is invested in the wellfare of your company and you will do well (eg. CostCo) and CostCo workers aren't as skilled as our people and they average near double...