Best Buy - Great company bad pay | Glassdoor

"Great company bad pay"

Former Employee - Computer Specialist in Clearwater, FL
Former Employee - Computer Specialist in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, great co-workers, a lot of discounts from best buy and many other places

Cons

Pay, working until 10, a lot of work for 9.00PH

Advice to Management

This company makes a lot of money as your employees see how much they made that day. Pay more especially your full time associates who's work load triples

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

"Educational and Stressful"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very good place to learn Business acumen, communication and Performance Management while getting a good wage.

Cons

As a Manager I was not respected as a human being, whatever I did was never good enough, if I was working 50 hours/wk it should have been 60. Assistant Managers are told they are supposed to "roll with punches", however rolling with punches only goes so far. My GM bragged about getting 4's in his value review by a DM who was maybe in the store twice a year. All this while he berated and abused his AM's, worked shorter shifts then we did, had a select group of people within the store to whom he very close with outside of work and who were untouchable form a performance Management standpoint. He also gave credit to only himself when things went well, but blamed the AM's when things went wrong. While this is only once example of one GM, a lot of the Seattle Market stores are the same way.

Advice to Management

Stop talking about values and live them! Some GM's, District and Territory Management preach values but not live them, then they would wonder why the culture was poor. The Company I am with now preaches values far less, but the fact that Senior Management lives theirs equates to a real a culture. If you want strong values in your stores you need to take a close look at your GM's and Senior Management, it starts at the top. Simply telling your AM's to 'make a culture' won't do it.

2. "Overall, it's a fun and well-driven working, and highly collaborative working environement."

Current Employee - Demand Planning Analyst in Richfield, MN
    Current Employee - Demand Planning Analyst in Richfield, MN

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

. Outgoing company cultue
    . Lots of driven employees that want to see the company turnaround
    . Employee Benefits, recreational facility, and awesome cafeteria.

Cons

. Difficult to challenge higher authority
    . Over supply of Demand Planning Analysts, so it's tough to move up in the company.
    . Team bonding events are quite rare.