Best Buy - Overall a good place to work for a student | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

"Overall a good place to work for a student"

Former Employee - Computer Specialist in Olathe, KS
Former Employee - Computer Specialist in Olathe, KS

Pros

The employees you work with are for the most part, really nice and helpful. You usually make friends with many of the employees you work with.

Cons

You get little recognition of sales accomplishments you achieve. The saturday morning meetings are really boring, and when it becomes holiday time, you have a meeting every saturday morning.

Advice to Management

Give more recognition to employee accomplishments. Improve the efficiency of the morning meets, a lot of time is wasted on unneeded things.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Opportunity for growth...Not too bad"

Current Employee - GSI Master Installer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - GSI Master Installer in San Jose, CA

Pros

As a GSI Agent I feel the independence given and the confidence, from management, in your skill set is the biggest reason I feel satisfied with my place with in the company of Best Buy.

Cons

Sometimes too much of a good thing can be bad. All though I do quiet enjoy the independence, I it is disappointing when looking for leadership on the field.

Advice to Management

More communication between stores, field management and field agents.

2. "Not very happy with the experience as a whole"

Former Employee - Counter Intelligence Agent in Norridge, IL
    Former Employee - Counter Intelligence Agent in Norridge, IL

Pros

The discount offered by best buy was fair. There was a small opportunity for a bonus quarterly. There was a wide range of age groups that you worked with and gained knowledge with each of those.

Cons

Never provided the tools needed to perform your job. Trying to repair PCs that customers pay for, feel like a criminal asking for money within a certain time frame. Managers care more about having you sell than having you repair computers. Bad reputation for the company. No room to advance as a repair technician, sales persons would move into your senior management spots with no clue as to what they're doing, this was the norm throughout. Working with the general public, who were clueless to what they needed but were sure it was your fault that they are spending their time and money at best buy.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people, not just the representatives you have speak for the people. When a technician needs a tool to get his job done, don't make it a back breaking experience. I asked for a new set of tools 9 months before I quit, and they were not even ordered by the time i gave my 2 week notice.