Best Buy - Great for a start | Glassdoor

"Great for a start"

Pros

Great discount, fun, upbeat, never boring, flexible

Cons

Hard to move up/ promotion

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Great team and the people are awesome!"

Pros

-Person to person consultation experience.

Cons

-Low hourly wage.
    -No commission sales.

2. "Feel a little deceived"

Current Employee - Consultant Agent
    Current Employee - Consultant Agent

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good learning through the learning lounge, lots of customer interaction.

Cons

No consideration for employers or clear direction, not enough hours. 13 weekly is not enough to live on and they don't take into consideration your availability, hours change week to week making it difficult to secure a second job.

Advice to Management

Get a tighter handle on the departments and schedule meetings, make time for individual employees.
    Ensure your employees have the proper tools and training.
    Make sure you are honest with your employees.

At the time of my initial interview as well as the two subsequent interviews, there were job offers on the table from two other employers.
    When availability was discussed, it was made clear to the employer I had open availability. I was in need of a full time position or a Part-time with no less than 30 hours weekly. Again, this was discussed in all three interviews, as were the offers on the table from the other two companies. After a letter offering employment was sent for the part time position, I again discussed hours to ensure we were on the same page. I accepted the offer and turned down the other two offers with the understanding I would be one of 3 CA's with the two others being FT and myself at 38-32 hours weekly.
    5 weeks into the job my hours were cut from 32 to 13 weekly, there is a 4th CA who actually works in another department as well and gets 22 hours from GS.
    I am receiving no time for eLearning's, no review or sit down with my manager, I was handed a review with the promise of a sit-down which never came.

My training consisted of a couple of girls running me through something once and then left to learn on my own. I am unsure on procedure and I try to follow SOP, however the rest of the crew reassures me it is not needed as SOP does it the hard way.
    So there is a lot of confusion and no communication. No training and when requested you are informed the only training you really need is the experience from dealing with it.

Excellent company if all practices and procedures were followed, things would run extremely smooth and it would be a pleasant work environment.