Best Buy - sad | Glassdoor

"sad"

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pros there is good people that work there

Cons

big boys attitude, they treat their security like they are step childs or errand boys, they cant get breaks, or lunch they have to work from 5 hours to 9 hours with out it while the special treatment sales get 3 to 4 breaks and lunch.

Advice to Management

pay attention to who is really doing the work, its usually not your favorite people considering they walk around or when management has meetings they all run to the corner and hide. so funny to see bbym/ home theater/ computer empty an the sales in the corner of applicances while customers walk around

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Wish I could have been there longer"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate

I worked at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management genuinely cared about us, awesome experience helping give customers a better Christmas, bonuses were great, co-workers were great, training was of high quality. I didn't know a ton about cameras and mp3 players, but at the end of my seasonal employment, I knew what I was talking about with point and shoot cameras and most of the mp3 players. Maybe the best part of all was that Black Friday was actually fun and safe. It was very well organized.

Cons

I'll admit, it does take some time to gain adequate knowledge about the products you're attempting to sell. I was a seasonal employee and was let go after the Christmas season, but I wish I was kept. It could have done great things for my career.

Advice to Management

Try to give employees more ways to learn about products, but I don't think there's much advice I would give.

2. "Okay nothing more nothing less"

Current Employee - Loss Prvention
    Current Employee - Loss Prvention

I have been working at Best Buy full-time

Pros

flexible decent work hours time to yourself

Cons

No advancement opportunities no management backing unless you kiss ass only certain people are liked and receive due compensation no free will to do job in your own way forced into doing everything one person's way no room to think

Advice to Management

None