Best Buy - An invaluable Career that made me who I am | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

"An invaluable Career that made me who I am"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Great Training
- Ongoing coaching and Development, to position you to achieve your goals
- Competitive pay for Management
- Lots of room for growth
- Tools and development that will shape you for all future careers/endeavors

Cons

- The current direction the company is choosing to take, is highly disappointing
- Changes in policies that are not in the best interest of the customer
- Over time, truly talented, awesome leaders within the company, are overshadowed by the majority of poor leaders, who have no business being in their positions

Advice to Management

- Years ago, you had it right, A positive employee experience, will result in a positive customer experience, which will drive a successful shareholder experience, aka business results
- Years ago, you gained customer and employee insight, constantly, and used that to positively shape the company.
- You have lost your way, and it truly saddens me, because I love this company.
- Stop making so many decisions, policy changes that negatively impact customers and employees, as well internal structure and foundation changes, without gaining insight from your front line people, who matter most, and who it impacts the most.
- I am rooting for Best Buy to turn around, but I hear of changes, every day, that tell me it's far from going in the right direction.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Okay..."

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The really care about meeting sales goals but that is all. They do whatever it takes to meet those sales goals, for things like geek squad, and that means lying to the customers. They want you to get in the customers face and make them basically say yes but you cannot.

Cons

They do whatever it takes to meet those sales goals, for things like geek squad, and that means lying to the customers. They want you to get in the customers face and make them basically say yes but you cannot. Also they want you to keep asking to where it completely annoys the customers.

Advice to Management

Managers should watch the associates and see how their performance is and not based on the numbers. Eventually the numbers will speak for themselves because if the employee tries really hard that should be enough. However, it is not enough for managers.

2. "Challenging, rewarding work for a re-energized company!"

Pros

Great benefits, friendly staff, fun

Cons

Hard to pay other positions properly