Best Buy - Awesome place to work! | Glassdoor

"Awesome place to work!"

Former Employee - Sales Lead in Centennial, CO
Former Employee - Sales Lead in Centennial, CO

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great friendships are made! Never forget the great customer service and products. Networking was awesome with customers.

Cons

The pay for what you have to do and what you are responsible with is lower than expected. If you are in upper management, pay is awesome, but line level is just...ok. As a lead, I had to do quite a bit for the "floor cap" pay that I was at, and much was expected of me just as a manager without the pay of one. It is all politics. You have to figure out best buy from the inside out to understand and make your way up.

Advice to Management

Work with employees like you were line level (as you once were, or remember to be). Even if you have never been line level, think about the lives of those that you manage, and try to work with and empathise with what it is like to be in their shoes.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Temporary employment"

Current Employee - Life Style Sales Associate (DI) in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Life Style Sales Associate (DI) in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a recent graduate and aspiring photographer I enjoy most days at BB. I get to meet and teach a lot of photography enthusiast of all levels and nationalities.

Cons

Best Buy is more concerned with getting people to spend as much money as possible even if they can't afford it (e.i BB credit card) than with customer satisfaction and making sure the leave with what they really need/want.

2. "Great company. Took me out of a rut and jump started my life and career!"

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you work hard and prove yourself, this company is an amazing way to jump start your career. Constantly can be promoted if you chose to.

Cons

If you have poor mentors or leadership, you may become dissatisfied with your job.

Advice to Management

Empower your employees to do well! I was lucky to have such a great management team that had my back an mentored me.