Best Buy - Low stress and even lower pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

"Low stress and even lower pay"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oceanside, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oceanside, CA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employee discount is nice and management is usually pretty good about working with school schedules. DURING MORNING MEETINGS WE usually get bagels and you do get good accomodation programs through vendors.

Cons

You don't always get the best hours and the pay is very low for how much you sell. You should get commission based on how much you sell.

Advice to Management

Pay your people better more

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

"Home essentials sales associate, also sold car audio and home theater equipment."

Former Employee - Geek Squad, Home Theater Specialist in Monaca, PA
    Former Employee - Geek Squad, Home Theater Specialist in Monaca, PA

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun creating a great experience for customers, knowing how much they will enjoy a new home theater, which for many will be their first large TV. Opportunities for bonuses as a store if sales are above 100% to goals.

Cons

Management and supervisors micro-manage due to pressure from corporate. Unnecessary meetings on Saturday mornings. Unnecessary follow-ups after EVERY sale, and constant questioning about why you sold/didn't sell certain products.

Advice to Management

Give the sales people a chance...many are great people, but suffer from constant pressure from upper management.

2. "Okay when you start out, steady decline"

Former Employee - Cashier in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Cashier in Westminster, CO

I worked at Best Buy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I started off I was 16 years old working there, not in need of money I found this to be a pretty decent job: discount was great, employees were pretty fun, and they accommodated to my schedule.

Cons

After working there for a while, I realized supervisors didn't know what they were doing, and had a high turnover rate (and often they got the job because they were friends with managers or really good-looking). Around holidays you experience about 40 hours a week (if you're part time) and once holidays are done you can only expect a solid 5 hours a week. After working there for 2 years I got a pay raise of about 20 cents, which was based off of the opinion of the supervisor I had for only about 3 months (and most new employees entered the position with an hourly wage that was around $1-$2 more than people who had been there for years). Also, a lot of employees who weren't teenagers or living at home still often had second jobs because their hours were so unsteady., and their pay was very low. The only good thing this place gave me was job experience.

Advice to Management

Pay employees accordingly. Hire supervisors based on merit and experience, not good looks. Invest more in current employees rather than new ones.