Best Buy - Fun | Glassdoor

"Fun"

Current Employee - Geek Squad Supervisor DCI in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Geek Squad Supervisor DCI in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Discount, benefits, sti, travel, learn new stuff

Cons

Hours, holidays, pto, restructure every year

Advice to Management

Capitalize on the people with tenure and don't let them walk do something as small as pay

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Great job"

I worked at Best Buy full-time

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, great people to work with, challenging and exciting environment

Cons

No complaints in my experience

2. "Great place to thrive"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent learning experience at the store level. If you work somewhere front office (cashier, sales, etc.) you will literally experience every aspect of retail: sales, cashiering, inventory, loss prevention, etc. The management is a blast to work with. The expectations of a sales position are reasonable for the pay. The benefits are fantastic! You get to challenge yourself in problem solving every day. Close knit connection between peers. The customers are rational for the most part. Training is extensive but rewarding. Access to payroll, schedule, training all available online. Extremely coherent company.

Cons

Customers often take out from our NPS score when certain things are not within our grasp to improve. This is retail, so expect working when everyone else is off. There's no reason why associates should have to stick around in the store as late as 2am working on a "truck night". The push to sell services and Geek Squad Protection is often excessive.

Advice to Management

You guys have nailed the training experience for associates, but sometimes you have to understand that there are people out there that are sufficiently skilled that they don't benefit from services we offer.