Best Buy - Stressful. Pressure is insane since company is doing so poorly. Favoritism. Unstable. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

"Stressful. Pressure is insane since company is doing so poorly. Favoritism. Unstable."

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Co-workers, team work, benefits, discount, training.

Cons

Work-life balance non-existent. Mandatory conference calls or meetings on your day off- mostly decided on the last minute. Reducing staff.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Great company to work for with a great working environment."

Former Employee - Sales Transaction Associate in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Transaction Associate in San Jose, CA

I worked at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced, great work environment, always pushed to do better. Offers chances to be trained in multi-channel departments (cashier, customer service, store-pickup). The store that I worked at was very laid back and young. Managers and supervisors were always around to give advice and help with any questions.

Cons

e-learning training very boring, would rather have more face-to-face training.

"Started out fun in the beginning..."

Former Employee - Advanced Repair Agent (ARA) Geek Squad in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Advanced Repair Agent (ARA) Geek Squad in Houston, TX

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started off as an ARA ( Advanced Repair Agent)for Geek Squad and began fixing everything from laptops to phones. Virus removals, complete tear downs of laptops to replace HDDs deep inside of mostly Dells... The occasional iPhone and laptop screen replacement.. Anything and everything except build the computer I did it.

Cons

HOURS. (It's retail, so it shifts everyday) I went in being promised 40hours a week, but the most I'd ever get was 35 being full time. No appreciation, no help from management. The Consultant Agents (CA) don't know much about computers and will check in anything for any reason to make the sale of tech support for ($199 a year) Sometimes they are told to sell as much as possible for any reason to make the day's quota. I have seen many people conned out of their hard earned money when if the CA would have known what they were doing could have easily fixed it for them and charged a $29 client education fee. Instead the company and management want their money, so they'd rather take more of the customer's dough. I've fixed countless "rush my repair" computers where the client is charged an extra $100 to get their computer back in 24 hours in 3-4 hours. Simple stuff, that may come easy to somewhat who knows what they're doing still shouldn't cost a customer that much money. Geek Squad is a rip off & their tech support is immediately shoved down your throat when you bring in a computer that has minimal problems.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees right and remember without them there is no YOU. Schedule hours correctly, and don't have your employees stay until 10pm closing and then have them show up at 7am the next day.