Best Buy - Can They Survive | Glassdoor

"Can They Survive"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager
Current Employee - District Sales Manager

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Challenging environment with a fast pace. The relationship with the vendors offers some great perks as an employee and is open to every level of associate. Historically the company has deeply rooted values however it is too early to tell if those will stay alive as they continue to try to positively impact the financials.

Cons

Too much turmoil. The company is constantly reinventing its structure both in the stores and at the corporate level. The lack of structured training beyond e-learnings is almost non existent. The emphasis on creating competent and confident employees that are committed to the company mission is not a focus.

Advice to Management

Allow the plan time to actually work before reacting so quickly and dramatically. The current organization is not fluid and the soul of the company is being compromised. I feel the long term financial impact can be met with a focused balance on cost savings and investments into the stores. You can only save your way to success for so long. I hope this company really thrives in the future but only time will tell.

Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy

1. "Fun job for those passionate about technology!"

Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Lead in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Lead in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, AWESOME employee discount, great possible short term and long term incentives.

Cons

Occasional rude customers but that is just retail in general, slight zoning issues sometimes, retail hours.

Advice to Management

Understand zoning issues.

2. "I enjoy working for Best Buy."

Pros

It is a fun atmosphere and I get paid well. The people that work at my store are good people. The district staff does a good job of supporting the stores.

Cons

Sometimes labor budgets are tight and employees do not get enough hours. There should be more time allocated for training new hire employees.